- The signing in LA went really well! I met some lovely readers, some fantastic authors, and lots of friendly bloggers. Many thanks to the organizers of Authors Under the Lights for all their effort and so many thanks to the volunteer team.
- My next signing will be at the Romantic Times Convention in New Orleans on May 17. I’ll be at the Giant Book Fair as part of the FAN-tastic Day. If you’re in the area, I’d highly recommend a day pass for all the FAN-tastic Day activities. It’s $55, but you get access to the Giant Book Fair, along with a bunch of workshops and author activities geared toward readers. RT is a ton of fun, so if you can make it down to NOLA, you’ll have an amazing time. I’ll also be planning a casual reader get together at some point earlier in the week. We’ll probably just meet at a pub or bar or something casual, but if you’re at the convention, I’d love to meet you. More details on that later.
- Taxes suck. But then, you already knew that, didn’t you?
- SmallBoy is loving the Magic Treehouse series. He’s becoming a definite fantasy fan, which warms my little heart. He was almost offended when he was forced to read realistic fiction for his school report last month.
- I’m tentatively planning a writing getaway during SB’s Spring Break, when he’s at his dad’s. So if I suddenly disappear from all blogging and social networks for days on end, don’t panic. I’m just hiding away somewhere quiet where I can write for a week straight. (Heaven!)
- THE SINGER is almost ready to go to the editor. And so far, reaction and feedback from pre-readers has been awesome. I’m not going to lie, the reader expectations for this book are a little intimidating, so I’ve been nervous. But I’m getting excited to share it with you guys and almost ready to put the whole thing into Anne’s capable editing hands.
And for you Cambio Springs fans, the next chapter of Ted and Alex’s story, Five Mornings, has posted HERE. Hope you guys are enjoying this peek into their past before I start writing their book. I’m really starting to love this couple. They could be one of my favorites. Sometimes, relationships go through the wringer before they sort themselves out. Don’t lose faith. When it’s right, it’s worth it.
Have a great week! I might post a teaser for THE SINGER in the next couple of days, so be on the lookout for that.